"Hallihallo!" Soo, I'm back from my year in London and oh dear it was fuuuun!! Magic city, cool markets, great people... But let's keep that on another note - there will be a detailed post with all experiences, tips etc. coming soon. For now: Cherry Frangipane Tart.
Refined sugar free Cherry and mixed Nuts Frangipane Tart to be exact. We bought 2 kgs cherries yesterday - dark red, juicy, ripe goodies who just seemed to scream at me from their place in the fridge. 20 minutes later some of them were resting atop a smooth frangipane wrapped in a crunchy crust in the hot oven. 30 minutes later the alarm goes off and the tart was transferred into a cooler environment on the countertop. 15 minutes of further patience testing aka cooling time.
Cherry Frangipane Tart
- makes one 8 inch/20 cm tart, serves 6
For the crust:
- 200g flour
- 120g coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 tsp salt
For the franigpane
- 120g mixed nuts, ground- 2 eggs, can be substituted with flax eggs (4 Tbsp flax seed meal mixed with 5 Tbsp water)- 60g flour, I used white spelt flour- 80g honey or agave syrup for a vegan version- 40g butter or coconut oil/plant based spread if you follow the vegan version
- 130g fresh Cherries, pitted and halved (equals 150g fresh, unpitted cherries) or canned, drained and mixed with 1 Tbsp flour
- Prepare the crust: mix all ingredients together until a smooth dough forms. Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Frangipane filling: Beat together the butter/coconut oil and honey for about 2 minutes until pale and fluffy. Add in the eggs or flax eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the ground nuts and the flour.
- Grease and flour a 8 inch/ 20 cm tart pan. Take the crust out of the fridge and press into the prepared pan. Prick with a fork a couple of times and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes until slightly browned.
- Pour the frangipane batter into the crust. Assemble the cherries on top, the cut side facing upwards.
- Bake for 30 minutes until slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 15 minutes before removing the pan. Enjoy! Great served with creme fraiche or greek yoghurt!