Yay, the sun is back in London!! After two weeks of almost constant rain I couldn't have been more excited in the past couple of days - the warm light dancing around your nose while you shuffle through miles and miles of piles and piles of leaves in gold-orange-brown tones - quintessentials of autumn!
Most times I actually took off my jacket while sitting in the sun - it almost felt like summer.
And summer reminds me of this:
- makes 6 generous (main course) servings
- 1 and 1/2 cup bulgur
- 2 cups/300g green beans, cooked
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 bell pepper (I used a green one)
- 4 Tbsp of black pitted olives
- juice of 1 lime
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- handful of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the bulgur in water according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile chop the vegetables: cooked beans, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper and olives into small cubes/pieces. Then slice the onion into rings.
3. Mix the cooked bulgur with the chopped vegetables.
4. Prepare the dressing: Mix the oil and vinegar with the limejuice, parsley and salt and pepper.Pour over the prepared salad and mix well. Let it sit in the refrigerator preferably at least 2 hours or overnight before serving to allow for the flavours to sink in. Serve and enjoy!