Sunday 13 July 2014

Strawberry-Watermelon-Mint Smoothie


Strawberry-Watermelon-Mint Smoothie




















































I've got a new obsession: smoothies! Okay, you may laugh at me now, but I've never been the kind of person that drinks her calories - I drink my coffee black (most times) and am not the biggest fans of either juices or shakes or soft drinks. Not that I would dismiss a good homemade apple-juice or similar once in a while but in general I'm a non-sparkling-water-all-day-long kind of person.

Sorry to get back on the all-time-theme of the weather again, but some days the humidity here  in the city is a killer. But I've found my kind of relief: a good iced Strawberry-Watermelon-Mint Smoothie!!

I'm addicted to watermelon and we had a whole bunch of self-picked strawberries sitting in the refrigerator AND the mint-plants started to take over our balcony until one morning this happened:

Refreshing summer smoothie recipe

In the short moment between laying in my bed and deciding what to have for breakfast a thought came up in my mind and the idea of a great smoothie for breakfast and to cool down as well triggered my all the time during my morning run. As I came back I immediately gathered the ingredients and fluuuuuuushhhhhh - 5 minutes (and of  course a little shower) later I was able to sit down and enjoy a whole glass of icy-strawberry-watermelon deliciousness with a good touch of mint - heaven!!
The recipe will make half a litre, so it was enough to share with my sister who requested another one right away. So get your watermelon, strawberries and mint ready and enjoy!

Smoothie recipe

Strawberry-Watermelon-Mint Smoothie
- makes 500ml/ ~2 cups
- 300g/2 cups diced watermelon
- 1 cup strawberries
- a bunch of mint leaves (I used about 20), reserving a few for the decoration
- 100g/ 3/4 cup crushed ice

1. Blend together the fruits and mint until well mixed. Then add in the crushed ice and continue blending until desired consistency is reached. You can add in some optional splashes of water if the texture is too thick. Decorate with some additional mint leaves or strawberries and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome! Very sweet and refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this smoothie just screams summer.. definitely could kick back with a glass right about now. love it!

    ReplyDelete